1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
Writing Thinking in C#, a 1,000-page technical book. Although I started it in September of 2001, I did 80% of the work in 2002.
2. What was your biggest disappointment?
Despite having the content of Thinking in C# essentially finished in July, having the publication delayed for a year.
3. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions?
Does "I've got to find some way to pay off these *#[email protected]$ing credit cards!" count as a resolution?
4. Where will you be at midnight? Do you wish you could be somewhere else?
Not sure yet, but maybe Bald Hill in San Anselmo, overlooking San Francisco Bay. I'd rather be lots of places: either someplace snowy or someplace tropical. This is a dark and rainy season in the Bay Area.
5. Aside from (possibly) staying up late, do you have any other New Year's traditions?
We go for a hike on New Year's Day, but that's just what we do on every holiday!